IVR QA / Test Lead and IVR Developer2
- Company: Zoe Alexander Ltd
- Deadline: Tuesday 8th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
There are 2 roles: QA and Developer
Role 1: Lead IVR Test Engineer
- Leads IVR Inbound test team, oversees overall enterprise and tactical project quality by performing test analysis, resolving, monitoring to proactively prevent problems from occurring.
- Regularly leads small to medium size projects and performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration and scheduling activities.
- Reports project & release status to management. Looks for opportunities to improve testing process and quality initiatives.
- Demonstrates strong technical knowledge as well as adherence to standards and procedures.
- Represents IVR QA in cross application IT calls, upcoming project reviews & defect resolution.
- Create test cases, Collect/create test data using interfaces systems, Execute Test scenarios involving multiple applications & interfaces,
- Create defects for any mismatches and follow up for the defect resolution with interfacing applications, Manage testing related documentation Support regression testing ,
- Support Implementation night testing Complete projects deliverable within set time line and quality standards 2nd & 3rd level post implementation support to investigate issues reported by the IVR production support team.
- Evaluate and enforce quality and standards for all projects in release. For each new project, guide other testers in the test design and ensure that quality and standards are followed.
- Oversees the IVR QA team efficiency initiatives
- 2+yrs of Interactive Voice Response ( IVR ) Quality Assurance testing experience (QA)
- Knowledge of PLSQL, UNIX, Shell Script Basic data networking and TCP/IP and SIP concepts Ability to function independently as a technical lead with little or no direction.
- Ability to Analyze, evaluate, test, debug, document, and implement average to high complexity software applications Ability to understand and lead projects impacting multiple interfacing systems. Strong application and domain knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures Experience using formal test processes and/or testing methodologies
- Full project life cycle experience Project management skills and ability to plan and meet milestones Solid knowledge of Testing methodology and concepts
- Good understanding of Telephony/ Telecommunication concept with prior work experience Superior analytical and problem resolution skills Demonstrate decision-making and leadership abilities Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to change Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong business knowledge
Role 2: Lead IVR Developer
- The IVR application developer is a customer facing, highly technical role which includes requirements gathering, designing/architecting scalable IVR Speech solutions, and leading Voice XML IVR/Speech application development.
- The consultant is expected to work in a fast paced environment independently as well as in a team structure.
- Responsibilities of an IVR Application Developer include: Perform discovery analysis to document the current customer environment and requirements;
- Interpret and analyze business requirements, design and implement new IVR/Speech solutions;
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys end- to-end IVR/Speech solutions;
- Demonstrate good client interaction skills and ability to interface with customer's technical staff regarding all phases of IVR/Speech project implementation, including hardware/software installation, development, and systems integration testing phases;
- Demonstrate strong software engineering skills in both an object-oriented and procedural environment and a working knowledge of design patterns; Ability to self manage in fast paced environment;
- Ability to lead and give technical direction; Ability to train and mentor junior engineers; Good oral/written communications skills to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Ability to work on a team and lead a team of technical resources; Desire for continued technical growth;
How to apply
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm