Code Crunching Software Ninja2
- Company: Mzoori
- Deadline: Tuesday 15th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
All of us working at Mzoori have a common goal: To connect people & businesses in Africa by developing solutions that enhance trade & improve livelihoods.
Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates? Mzoori is seeking a talented Software Developer to join its IT team and to help build systems that enable our employees to change the world. This is for a full-time position based at our office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Build robust and impactful tools and systems that enable higher productivity and trade
- Design and develop database driven web tools/apps utilizing a variety of technologies (i.e. Ruby/ROR, APEX/Force.com, LAMP)
- Build integration points with other systems and tools utilizing web services and APIs
- Identify and attack high-leverage opportunities, problems, and process improvements
- Work with a variety of cross functional teams to build awesome web applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Ruby/ROR, PHP, Java, or other programming languages
- A drive to proactively identify and deploy scalable enterprise tools empowering your coworkers
- Proven problem solving skills with a knack for thinking out of the box and innovation
- Strong knowledge of MySQL or SQL
- Experience with CodeIgniter framework, HTML5, and mobile web development highly preferred
- Strong leadership and organization skills as they pertain to a project-based technical role
- Accomplished experience with web services (i.e. SOAP/REST) and general integration techniques
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems
- Able to thrive in fast paced and high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
Successful candidates will receive a competitive remuneration package. Mzoori will offer you great benefits and perks to make sure that your life is satisfying as you work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mzoori is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected under the Laws of the Republic of Kenya.
How to apply
Please email your Cover Letter, CV, Portfolio, and any other attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Software Developer Job Application”.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm