Java Applications Developer1
- Company: Anonymus
- Deadline: Monday 30th April 2012
- Location: Nairobi
Engagement Period: 11 months (initial 2 month trial period)
Our client is exploring and developing new information tools to record, store, transfer, and verify services from the field projects. Due to the overwhelming amount of beneficiary data which it collects in the field, the client wants to develop a biometrics-based software application for a variety of projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
For these purposes, our client is seeking a skilled Java application developer with experience in developing biometrics software. The expert will work with a team of existing developers who have built a suite of other tools for the organization. The expert developer will be responsible for advancing the development of a biometrics software system to work alongside other existing software tools.
Using the existing biometrics software, the expert will enhance the features and program new features as required by the client, including the ability to register and verify target beneficiaries.
Intermediate Deliverables and Development Process:
- Research existing applications, including the biometrics software and become familiar with the clients software standards.
- Review a series of existing forms and questionnaires which are being used by the client to collect data in the field.
- Review descriptive document (concept notes, system requirements documents, others) to better understand the work.
- Ask clarifications and develop a work plan.
- Work with the lead application developer to establish the functional requirements for the application.
- Liaise with the other application and database developers to ensure the application is integrated into existing systems.
- Lead the development and implementation of the application in consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Receive input and modify the application where necessary and test its applicability to ensure it conforms to the specifications and, prepare the necessary technical documentations for the application.
- Arrange weekly meetings to receive feedback from the stakeholders and monthly meetings with end users (technical managers).
- Maintain a software update blog and version control system based on the client's standards.
- Maintain the work plan, modifying as required
- Bug test software to ensure its reliability and stability
- Achieve milestones and deadlines as per the work plan
- Perform other related duties as required
University level degree in software development/engineering, development, or related field.
- At least five years of experience in application development using Java on Windows and Linux platforms.
- At least five years of experience in using database systems e.g. MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of Java frameworks e.g. JSP, JSF etc.
- Knowledge of Java packages e.g. JDBC.
- Knowledge of OOP software development methodology.
- Knowledge of Biometrics software, preferably Verifinger or Digital Persona.
Excellent knowledge of English.
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments.
- Good judgment and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Extreme attention to details.
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, indicating relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only candidates the meet the minimum required qualifications will be contacted.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm