Social Media Intern1
- Company: Greda Technology Solutions
- Deadline: Monday 7th May 2012
- Location: Nairobi
Social Media Interns must have a true passion for social media, technology, trends and innovation in the digital and social space. The candidate must “eat, sleep and breathe” social media personally and professionally. They must have remarkable communication and writing skills. The Social Media Intern will work for Greda Studio Ltd., a division of Greda Technology Solutions Ltd.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist team with initial setup of social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms)
- Coordinating creative executions for landing pages, default graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Assist with day-to-day community management, fan engagement, page and content moderation, and general outreach.
Content Monitoring and Seeding:
- Assist in monitoring key online conversations and events to make sure brands are participating effectively and are being well-represented.
- Seeding approved content and editorial pieces to key influencers and other identified sites and blogs.
- Assist with basic research as needed in order to engage the community and to investigate any trending activities within the community.
- Taking data from research and performance analytics and being able to help create reports that draw conclusions on performance and providing recommendations for campaign optimization.
- Be involved with team in conceptualizing and crafting Social Media campaigns and promotions.
- Talented writer with ability to write succinct, intelligent, creative and fun communication.
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for communicating in all social media channels.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears and mind-set frequently and rapidly to capitalize on traffic opportunities.
- Working knowledge of and experience with online networks (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Tumblr, LinkedIn etc.)
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and ability to learn other computer software programs.
- Ability to create conversations and positive experiences through engaging fans in meaningful communication.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or be currently enrolled in a degree in advertising, communications, marketing, new media or public relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff, clients, partners and vendors is required.
- Must have an understanding of the social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc
How to apply
To apply, email resume, cover letter and a sample of your writing to email@example.com. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm