Information Systems Programme Officer, P-41
- Company: United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- Deadline: Tuesday 16th November 2010
- Location: Bonn
FRAMEWORK CONVENTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE - Secretariat
CONVENTION - CADRE SUR LES CHANGEMENTS CLIMATIQUES - Secrétariat
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO: VA 10/088/ITS
PUBLICATION/TRANSMISSION DATE: 18 October 2010
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 16 November 2010
TITLE AND GRADE: Information Systems Programme Officer, P-4
INDICATIVE NET ANNUAL SALARY:
US$ 66,482 to 73,539 (without dependents)
US$ 71,393 to 79,158 (with dependents)
(plus variable post adjustment, currently 53,8% of net salary) plus other UN benefits and pension fund
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT:
One and a half years, with possibility of extension
EXPECTED DATE FOR ENTRY ON DUTY:
As soon as possible
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the focus of the political process to address Climate Change. The Convention secretariat supports the Convention and its Kyoto Protocol by a range of activities, including substantive and organizational support to meetings of the Parties.
The Information Technology Services (ITS) programme provides services in the area of Information Technology infrastructure, systems and support services, including administration of mission-critical systems such as the International Transaction Log. The programme ensures an integrated approach to IT systems support that delivers timely, high-quality and responsive IT services to Parties and the secretariat.
Under the overall supervision of the Coordinator, Information Technology Services Programme and the direct supervision of the Information Systems Delivery sub-programme manager, the incumbent advises on strategy and policies for the Information Systems projects, relating to the development, maintenance and upgrade of software, applications and databases for the client programmes.
In particular the incumbent will:
1. Support the sub-programme manager on matters related to systems and database developments and operations by:
- Planning and directing projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development, implementation and operations of new, complex systems and databases;
- Maintaining, upgrading and enhancing existing systems and databases;
- Ensuring that all the appropriate data security and access controls are established;
- Solving problems, liaising with users on all aspects and during all phases of development and implementation;
- Handling all aspects of contract administration of assigned vendors.
2. Lead work of the members of the project teams in charge of developing systems and databases by:
- Providing professional technical leadership and guidance in the areas of architecture, design and best practices;
- Developing work directions and monitoring their implementation;
- Tracking and monitoring project progress against plans, requirements, quality measures;
- Mentoring team members and ensuring adherence to established standards;
- Participating in planning and preparation of the budget, work programme and spending plans.
3. Generate technical papers and reports on systems and databases by:
- Preparing or guiding the various technical reports;
- Preparing or guiding the preparation of training materials and user documentation for the systems and databases;
- Identifying problems/issues and preparing technical recommendations;
- Recommending options and approaches to the sub-programme manager on matters to be included in official documents.
4. Undertake the role of Relationship Manager for one or more client programs within the UNFCCC. Specifically the Relationship Manager will:
- Ensure the delivery of timely, quality and responsive systems and related services to the client programs;
- Work with the client program managers to identify the needs of the client program for new systems and related services, establish priorities for IT system activities required by the client program, based on an understanding of client program business needs and available resources;
- Define, with client program managers, the statement of work for systems and related services, recommend the start of a new service to IT sub-programme managers;
- Support and manage the work and performance of staff assigned to deliver IT system projects for those client programs for which the Relationship Manager has responsibility (including ensuring deployment of resources, building a team reflecting organi
How to apply
Candidates whose qualifications and experience match the requirements for this position, please use the on-line application system available at http://unfccc.int/secretariat/employment/recruitment
- Qualified women candidates and candidates from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- Service is limited to the UNFCCC secretariat
- We will confirm receipt of your application.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am