SQL Developer/.NET Developer1
- Company: Mobile Ventures Kenya
- Deadline: Friday 1st April 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Who we are
Mobile Ventures Kenya Ltd was formed in 2009 to build innovative mobile service businesses with a view to launching these commercially in the near future. The firm focuses on scaling simple, profitable services for low-income consumers, including mobile money, mobile banking, mobile healthcare and mobile trading ventures.
The team at MVK works with and for market leaders in the financial services, telecommunications, development finance and energy sectors. Members of our team have led the foremost mobile payments and mobile banking implementations worldwide including M-PESA
- At the core of the business is an information management system that tracks customer data and enables the central team to efficiently manage and monitor customer interactions and transactions
- MVK is seeking system’s developer with strong experience in Microsoft technologies and relational database design to assist on managing this system
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the following roles:
- Consult with colleagues or clients with a view to writing or modifying the current MIS
- Observe, test, diagnosing and resolve faults in the MIS
- Write and test code and then refine and rewrite as necessary to optimize performance
- Provide written documentation for users and lead developer
- Implement system backup procedures and participate in recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the MIS or other system components
- Define system requirements by consulting data administrator and system users about the types of information needed
- Determine how data should be organized, who should have access to different data and how it should be displayed
- Design and develop data models and database architecture
- Construct, install and test the database system
- Write manuals or explain database\'s function
- Consult with data administrator to assess the system performance and make modifications as required
- Modify existing databases, as user needs change
- Prepare reports on databases
What we’re looking for
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Excellent communication skills, plus an ability to talk fluently to non-technical users
- Experience with Reporting or Business Intelligence and T-SQL. Experience with Telerik RAD controls not mandatory but will be highly regarded
- Commercial experience with ASP.NET applications using VB and/or C#
- Experience with database driven applications and SQL Server
- Good awareness of Object-Oriented analysis & design
- Awareness of best practices and good design
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Enjoy variation in projects and customer business solutions
- Be a motivated self-starter who can work on their own or part of a team.
- Seeing the development lifecycle from end to end will be your drive.
What we offer
- The role is a contract position for the initial 3-months with competitive salary
- This initial period is an opportunity to prove yourself and become an important part of the MVK team as we grow; you can achieve a longer term and package to stay with us.
- The candidate will work directly with one of the most experienced teams in the mobile services industry, as well as with senior and executive level clients at some of the world’s leading mobile, banking and technology companies.
- MVK is one of a portfolio of new ventures being managed by Signal Point Partners, a new company with mobile commerce interests across the globe. This role has the potential for significant development opportunities to the right candidate, working across initiatives in other markets and sharing directly in the success of this growth business.
- The position will be open for application from 23rd March 2011 and the successful candidate will be expected to start work on April 1st 2011
- Location: Nairobi
(All applications should provide CV and Cover letter for consideration)
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm