- Company: Danya International Kenya Limited
- Deadline: Thursday 1st March 2012
- Location: Nairobi, Westlands
Under the supervision of Regional ICT Advisor, this position will be primarily responsible for maintaining and developing creative web designs for USG agencies, USG partners and GoK. The web designer will work closely with our ICT managers and web developer to develop cutting edge designs.
- Creating templates of approved website layout.
- Interpreting the client's needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose by gathering information and data through research.
- Creating or editing images and graphics for website use.
- Coordinating with programmers for specialized layouts and scripts.
- Integrating verbal content with site design for final product.
- Making design changes as directed by client.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Working with a wide range of media, including photography, multi-media and video.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media (particularly design programs such as Quark Xpress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash).
- Create design prototypes, including graphic design, site navigation, and layout of content.
- Ensure that the layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements if necessary.
- Bachelors and 4+ years of experience or compatible combination of experience and education. Degree in graphics, arts or communications or other related discipline highly preferred.
- Experience Creating templates or story boards for website layout.
- Experience and ability to coordinate with specialized layouts and scripts.
- Experience producing creative ideas and concepts.
- Graphic and multimedia design experience including photography and video(4 years) to design aesthetically pleasing and functional web sites.
- Advanced knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXPress and Illustrator with formal training an asset.
- Formal training in desktop publishing applications, and photography definite assets.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions definite assets.
- Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
- Quality: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
Danya is an equal opportunity employer!
How to apply
To apply, please visit us at http://www.danya.com/careers_opens_intl.asp.
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm