- Company: Danya International Kenya Limited
- Deadline: Thursday 1st March 2012
- Location: Nairobi, Westlands
Under the supervision of title, this position, will be primarily responsible for maintaining and developing innovative, reusable Web-based tools for USG agencies, USG partners and GoK. The web developer will work closely with our ICT managers and design team to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications.
- Develop web portals using technologies that conform to international standards and make sure that they are universally accessible.
- Develop database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
- Conduct all user acceptance testing and report results.
- Work closely with ICT Managers to develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates during planning process, including expertise required, total number of people required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Work with the graphic designer on the design and development of web pages, including graphics, raw images, animation and functionality into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
- Communicate to the ICT Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
- Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to clients.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Bachelors and 4+years of experience or compatible combination of education and experience. Computer science or a related field is preferable.
- 3 years minimum experience with HTML, DHTML, XHTML and CSS.
- 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
- 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools.
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects.
- Experience with Adobe Flash.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Integrity/Ethics: Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
- Quality: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, takes risks, supports change, encourages innovation, solves problems creatively.
Danya is an equal opportunity employer!
How to apply
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.danya.com/careers_opens_intl.asp.