- Company: 1%CLUB
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th March 2011
- Location: Nairobi
1%CLUB is an international organization with offices in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and Nairobi (Kenya). In total 10 people work for the 1%CLUB and we have a large network of over 100 volunteers and an online network of over 20.000 people worldwide. For our office in Kenya we are looking per direct for a new Director.
What is 1%CLUB?
1%CLUB is the online platform (www.onepercentclub.com) and offline network that connects people with smart ideas for development with people, money and knowledge around the world. We are talking about sustainable projects that stimulate the self-reliance of individuals anywhere in the world and improve their standard of living.
To achieve this, we ask our online community three things: a little bit of their knowledge, money or time. They choose how, when and how much they want to participate. The people that run the projects that you are involved in keep them informed on the progress. It is that simple. 1%CLUB started in 2008 and has been proving itself ever since: 250 online projects (and counting) in 55 different countries an ever-growing number (7.000 and counting) of people have signed up and joined www.onepercentclub.com. 1%CLUB started in the Netherlands and has launched their international website last year.
What will be your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Strategic contribution and representation of 1%CLUB in East-Africa
- Manage and lead the 1%CLUB Kenya team (5 people)
- Promote a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, positive communication and teamwork
- Marketing and communication – manage and implement the 1%CLUB international marketing strategy
- Network with local businesses, International Donors and ICT and Web partners in East-Africa
- Oversee and help organizing of events (like 1%EVENT www.onepercentevent.com), training and cocreation workshops
- Oversee financial and Resource Management and administration
- Develop and implement a funding strategy to set up local funding base for 1%CLUB
- Legal Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local law
- Academic level / degree
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Good marketing / communication skills
- Management experience
- Proven track record of financial management experience
- Proactive and entrepreneurial personality
- Good social and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferably affinity with Internet and International Development
- Preferably available as soon as possible
What we offer
An inspiring working atmosphere in an international environment where idealism, entrepreneurship, professionalism and innovation are combined. We offer a challenging job with a lot of room for individual initiative and development.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm