Event Management and Social Media Intern1
- Company: m:lab East Africa
- Deadline: Thursday 9th February 2012
- Location: Nairobi
m:lab East Africa Requires the services of an intern for the following :-
- Handle social media interaction for the organization, events and related brands.
- Write blogs and articles articulating issues touching on mobile technologies and mobile entrepreneurship.
- Support event planning and logistical activities.
- Support event photography and videography.
- Handle record keeping and archival of digital data .
- Support business relations development and fundraising for events.
- Handle communication with sponsors, partners and the media as directed.
- Assist in event related procurement processes
- Co-ordinate a team of volunteers to facilitate event logistics.
- Documentation of event planning processes.
Desired Competences and Skills
The candidate should have the following key competencies and skills:
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Projects.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate leadership and passion for their various undertakings
- Impeccable interpersonal skills.
- Experience in record keeping and archiving of data.
- Skilled use and application of social and digital media as tools for advocacy and publicity
The successful candidate will be engaged in a six month internship program
How to apply
Interested candidates may send a cover letter explaining why they are fit for the opportunity and include their updated CVs to email@example.com. Applications MUST have “Pivot East Intern” in the subject line. Only email Applications received before Thursday 9th February 2012 will be considered.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm