- Company: 1%CLUB
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th March 2011
- Location: Nairobi
1%CLUB is an international organization with offices in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and Nairobi (Kenya). In total 10 people work for the 1%CLUB and we have a large network of over 100 volunteers and an online network of over 20.000 people worldwide. For our office in Kenya we are looking per direct for a Manager International Projects 1%CLUB.
What is 1%CLUB?
1%CLUB is the online platform (www.onepercentclub.com) and offline network that connects people with smart ideas for development with people, money and knowledge around the world. We are talking about sustainable projects that stimulate the self-reliance of individuals anywhere in the world and improve their standard of living. To achieve this, we ask our online community three things: a little bit of their knowledge, money or time. They choose how, when and how much they want to participate. The people that run the projects that you are involved in keep them informed on the progress. It is that simple.
1%CLUB started in 2008 and has been proving itself ever since: 250 online projects (and counting) in 55 different countries an ever-growing number (7.000 and counting) of people have signed up and joined www.onepercentclub.com. 1%CLUB started in the Netherlands and has launched their international website last year.
What will be your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Coordinate the international project selection procedure on 1%CLUB
- Development and improvement of the 1%Project Quality assurance model
- Development and improvement of the 1%Project Monitoring & Evaluation system
- Set up and coordinate the international online helpdesk for 1%Projects
- Recruiting, training and coordination of 1%Coaches (online volunteers that guide the projects)
- Develop international online training for 1%Projects and 1%Coaches
- Help set up events like 1%EVENT (www.onepercentevent.com), 1%Coach weekend and Social Media and Digital Storytelling Workshop
- Collaborate with the Project management department in the Netherlands
- Help write the international 1%Project strategy
- Network with East-African international development organizations and networks
- Academic level / degree in international development or similar
- At least 2 years experience in the field of international development
- Experienced in coordinating a team of volunteers
- Experienced in reading project proposals and monitoring and evaluation
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferably affinity with Internet, New Media and Social Networking
- Preferably available as soon as possible
What we offer
An inspiring working atmosphere in an international environment where idealism, entrepreneurship, professionalism and innovation are combined. We offer a challenging job with a lot of room for individual initiative and development.
How to apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm