Senior ICT/HMIS Advisor1
- Company: RTI International
- Deadline: Saturday 30th April 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The primary responsibilities are aimed at providing technical input and oversight to the integration and use of data management information systems (e.g., HMIS, DHIS, EMR) and tools to facilitate data entry, transmission, and use. Key to success will be building the capacity among information systems users at the national, provincial and district levels of government as well as medical facility personnel.
The anticipated responsibilities of the Senior HMIS (ICT) Advisor are:
- Provide HMIS technical assistance in systems requirements, analysis, design, specifications, supervision of development, piloting/testing, implementation and evaluation.
- Provide expertise in data warehouse design and integration of health data sets.
- Oversee the selection and procurement of hardware and software in consultation with the GoK, and provincial and district-level governmental entities in coordination with the ICT Systems/Networking Specialist.
- Supervise field-based ICT/HMIS Specialists to ensure high quality workplan implementation.
- Ensure a high level of communication and close working relationships with the project team, project implementers, and other key stakeholders operating in the health informatics arena.
- Travel to the field to provide management oversight, capacity building and training, and technical assistance is expected regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in health informatics, computer science or public health.
- 10 years professional experience working in health information systems (health information strategy and policy, surveillance, epidemiology, survey methods). Developing country experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use (e.g. HMIS, DHIS, EMR).
- Demonstrated experience in organizational capacity building and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with government and non-governmental entities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required and Swahili desired.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Strongly qualified candidates must send a cover letter explaining their qualifications and an up-to-date CV to Kenyahmis@rti.org Please enter the title of the position to which you are applying to in the email Subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Job offers will be extended contingent upon available and approved funding.
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm