- Company: rupu
- Deadline: Friday 20th January 2012
- Location: Nairobi
Rupu is a growing entity, and with growth comes vacancies which need to be filled. Currently, we are on the lookout for a programmer to join Team Rupu on a full time role. We expect you to conceptualize and develop effective solutions where required, using a variety of programming language tools that are available.
You need to be in touch with current trends in programming tools and methodologies, as well as be able to deliver on daily tasks allocated to you using these skills.
Key responsibilities and result areas:
- Work with senior programmer, support staff and product managers to plan platform code enhancements and changes.
- Test and develop programming modifications
- Write new program code using specified requirements
- Write and maintain programming documentation
- Document programming problems and resolutions or future reference
- Assist personnel of other departments as an I.T. resource
- Provide platform training orientation to new and existing company staff
Qualification and Experience:
- Good experience in development using PHP or any other scripting language
- Excellent knowledge of at least one MVC framework
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL database design and administration
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS and AJAX
- Mobile development skills (J2ME, Android or iOS) are an added advantage
- Very proficient in Unix platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in I.T or in a field related
- Flexible hours set to meet the needs of the position and willingness to work in a global team of professionals.
- Team work
- Excellent analytical and solution oriented approach to problems
- Smart, creative and innovative
- Honest and strong work ethics and integrity
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
- Well organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Problem-solving and conflict management
How to apply
Applicants who meet all the above requirements should; email us an updated Curriculum Vitae and application letter to email@example.com by 20th January 2012. Ensure that you have attached your work portfolio. You will be required to present some of your work during the interviews.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm