Senior .Net Technical Lead / Architect1
- Company: EF Englishtown
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th March 2011
- Location: Shanghai
- Build and manage components of the world's largest online learning system
- Create new products with .NET
- Design/Develop/Test/Deploy web applications
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. We don’t require academic degrees for exceptional hires; though in this case we need all candidates to have a degree for visa purposes.
- Over 6 years solid working experience in software development. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in larger scale web projects spanning multiple servers.
- Good skills in Visual Studio, client-side scripting, Java, ASP.NET, C# and experience in using webservices. We prefer individuals from solid and strong coding backgrounds. Having worked with third party API’s like AWS, Facebook, Twitter etc. is also highly desired.
- SQL Server experience & NoSQL. SQL is important to us, but increasingly also NoSQL – if you have experience in CouchDB or similar platforms we’d like to talk to you.
- Good communication skills, a good teamwork spirit and a positive attitude. Our Shanghai office is multicultural and our official working language is English, other language skills are beneficial but not required.
EF Englishtown is the world’s leading online English school. Our vision statement reads: “To use technology to create a fundamentally better way to learn English.”
With research and development units in Shanghai, Switzerland, Boston, and University of Cambridge's Research Centre for English and Applied Linguistics, we pride ourselves on our diversity. Over 30 nationalities are represented among our staff across offices in Brazil, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan, Korea, and several other countries. On top of that, our online teachers are all native English speakers from the US, the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa.
Over the years, our comprehensive range of online products have helped more than 15 million people successfully develop their English skills. We build on global skills and resources to develop the best service possible - while relying on local support and customer service to make sure we remain culturally appropriate.
EF, our parent company, operates 400 schools and offices in over 50 countries and has a network of over 30,000 teachers. EF is the world leader in international education - an industry worth $50 billion and growing at a rate of nearly 30% a year. As part of its quest to break down borders and remove barriers in language and culture, EF gives students more than just the ability to communicate in a new language.
How to apply
Email your CV and an introduction or any questions to email@example.com
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm