Quality Assurance Engineer2
- Company: Bridge International Academies
- Deadline: Saturday 31st December 2011
- Location: Nairobi
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model. The company runs a large-scale network of low-cost primary schools in Kenya that significantly outperforms other primary schools in the same areas because of our “school in a box” systems. Our schools profitably deliver this high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, which enable the schools to cover all their costs and create a profitable central organization at scale. We have launched 37 schools in Kenya, we will double in size in the next 6 months, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students across the continent.
About this position
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world. We have a need to recruit for the positions of Quality Assurance Engineers who will ensure quality control of all software systems to ensure that they meet business needs.
The following are examples some of the software projects that are currently under development or consideration:
- Automated Student Payment Information System - manages billing, automatically updates database with data from banks and mobile payment systems, provides tools for operator to correct and assign payments, and uses SMS interface to send coded updates to Schools, and receive interactive SMS queries and remote error correction.
- Customized integrated financial system - taking customizable financial package and integrating with payment information system, reporting tools, and developing additional tools for automated budget tracking, and SMS-based payment requests and school payroll.
- Data Management and Dashboard/Reporting Tools for HQ staff to support schools - we are developing tools that collect key performance data and provide dashboards/reports to allow support teams to monitor progress of our schools.
- Android Mobile Phone App - We are porting of many of our paper-based processes at our schools to a mobile phone app on the Android platform to streamline school operations. They will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing efficient QA processes including defect tracking and software release processes
- Writing test plans
- Developing automated tests
- Manual testing
- Managing defect tracking tools
- Providing second line technical support to in-house users of software developed by our team
Specialist knowledge required:
- Designing and writing test plans for both automated and manual testing
- Using one or more automated testing tool (e.g. SilkTest, Rational Tester…)
- Testing desktop, web and mobile applications
- Solid understanding of quality assurance techniques and best practices
- Understanding of standard testing techniques (black box, white box, regression testing, load/stress testing, security testing…)
- The individual should be detail oriented
- They should have good planning and organizing as well as analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative and to coordinate projects
- Good writing, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Three (3) years of experience in quality assurance of enterprise software
How to apply
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm