Information Technology Officer1
- Company: Africa Youth Trust
- Deadline: Sunday 11th December 2011
- Location: Nairobi
About Africa Youth Trust
The Africa Youth Trust (AYT) is an independent, non-partisan youth development and advocacy organization. Founded in 2005, AYT is one of Kenya’s youth voices in public policy debates. AYT seeks to guide youth energies and enthusiasm towards peace, equity, and prosperity within and across communities with a vision of becoming a pan African organization. Please visit www.africayouthtrust.org for a full overview of AYT’s projects and programs.
Scope of Work
Under administrative direction, the IT Officer undertakes a broad administrative, supervisory and technical capacity in the management of information, data processing, communication and user support services.
The primary responsibility of the position is to develop and execute plans, policies and programmes to establish, develop, improve and maintain the organisation’s core operations, activities and programmes.
This includes extensive coordination with management and other personnel, as well as outside vendors and technical support persons, to attain and maintain the required structure and level of management information systems.
Specific Tasks of the Information Technology Officer
- Liaises with upper management in the overall planning of the organisation’s IT infrastructure, policies and procedures; makes recommendations, and drives the planning of IT policies and procedures.
- Supervises and implements data processing and storage systems such as the design, development and execution of data backup policies.
- Ensures the availability of IT communications services by maintaining the organisation’s internal network and ensuring internet connectivity, and assists in developing web and other electronic content strategies for the organisation’s programmes and activities.
- Provides on-hand technical assistance to the organisation’s staff by providing hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Evaluates the applicability of new technologies - weighing their effectiveness against that of existing systems and the goals and objectives of the organisation.
- Ability to manage a LAN based on Windows Server 2008
- Provide user support for both software and hardware problems
- Advise the organization on new technologies, strategies and designs for print and electronic media productions and campaigns
- Liaise with printers and stationers and other external vendors on production and delivery of multimedia assets, equipment and software
- Develop online and offline content strategies for office websites, electronic and print publications
- Develop content publishing schedules to the organisation’s websites
- Experience with WordPress CMS or other content management system
- Experience with HTML email/newsletter publication services like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar qualification
- Professional ICT qualifications such as MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, CCNP or equivalent
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate leadership, initiative and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrable experience working in this capacity or one similar to the one described above.
How to apply
Interested parties should send copies of their CVs and relevant professional qualifications, along with a cover letter expressing their interest in the position, to email@example.com by 11th December, 2011.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm