Information Communication & Technology Services Manager1
- Company: Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
- Deadline: Friday 9th December 2011
- Location: Kakamega
Lake Victoria North Water Services Board was established under the Water Act 2002, as part of the reforms in the water sector. The Board is responsible for the efficient and economical provision of water and sewerage services within its area of jurisdiction as authorized by the Licence. The Board seeks to recruit experienced and dynamic professionals to fill the following positions within its establishment and one of its Water Service provider, Kakamega-Busia Water supply.
BOARD HEAD QUARTERS
LVNWSB/P9/2011: INFORMATION COMMUNICATION & TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (ICT) MANAGER
The position is based at Lake Victoria North Water Services Board headquarters in Kakamega.
The specific tasks will include:-
- Planning, administering and reviewing the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems within the Board;
- Formulating and enforcing information communication & technology (ICT) policies, procedures and systems;
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining databases and information systems for the Board;
- Planning and coordinating ICT activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software; programming and systems design; development of computer networks and implementation of internet LAN/WAN networks.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of security network and Policies;
- Development and implementation of integrated IT systems by the Board including ERPs;
- Overseeing hardware maintenance, trouble shooting and user computer disaster recovery structure training;
- Coordinating the design, development and implementing of computer disaster recovery procedures to minimize on loss of data/or systems;
- Ensuring Board compliance with prevailing IT Standards and Regulatory requirements
- Preparation of ICT budgets and proposals.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Studies, Information/Systems Technology OR Equivalent.
- Relevant professional ICT qualifications such as MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or equivalents
- Must be familiar with Windows Server 2008, Oracle and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of IP Telephony will be an added advantage
- Demonstration of TCP/IP transmission knowledge an added advantage
- 5 years experience, 3 of which must have been in a similar capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, management and analytical skills
How to apply
If you meet the requirements, please send your application attaching a detailed CV, copies of academic & professional certificates and testimonials, stating your current position, remuneration and telephone contact, names and contacts of three referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 9th December 2011.
The Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria North Water Services Board
P.O. Box 673 -50100
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
LVNWSB is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm