ICT Technical Lead1
- Company: National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Deadline: Wednesday 14th December 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Foundation) is an independent, non-profit organization that connects the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with private-sector organizations and individuals to build public health programs. In collaboration with CDC Kenya and Ministry of Medical Services (MOMS) and Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation (MOPHS) the CDC Foundation seeks a mHealth (Mobile Health) ICT Technical Lead to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This individual will serve as an Independent Contractor of the mHealth Kenya Public Private Partnership, an initiative of the CDCFoundation. This individual will not be a full time employee of the CDC Foundation or of CDC Kenya.
The ICT Technical Lead, reporting to the CDC Foundation (CDC-F) mHealth Country Manager, will work according to the CDC-F Public Private Partnership framework with the focal responsibility of representing CDC-F in technical matters surrounding in-country health information systems solutions development. Major duties will include project management, determining the use of innovative solutions, software architecture, systems envisioning, overseeing development, implementation reviews, reporting, and documentation of projects.
Previous experience working with mobile application projects will be an added advantage.
- Master of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory position managing health information systems design, development, and maintenance.
- At least 5 years hands on experience in developing full-size health information systems to include applications programming and databases.
- At least 3 years experience in designing and developing mobile applications in a large scale data collection environment in the health sector.
- Experience in designing and developing systems that capture GIS data using mobile devices will be an added advantage.
- Must have working knowledge in development platforms to include common and modern object oriented programming, software architecture/engineering, and open source development frameworks for PC applications and WEB applications.
- Must have experience and clear understanding of database design and management.
- Must have knowledge in hardware and networking.
How to apply
All application letters and detailed CVs, copies of certificates, telephone contacts together with names of three referees should reach us no later than 14th December 2011 to:
Suite 506, 4th Floor. Applewood Park
Wood Avenue, Kilimani
P O Box 100657-00101
Applicants who can take up the positions immediately are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am