Graphic Designer / DTP1
- Company: icipe
- Deadline: Thursday 24th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
icipe is an intergovernmental organisation funded by government aid agencies, UN organisations and private foundations to carry out research and training in environmentally sound and sustainable management of arthropods for improved health and agricultural productivity in the tropics. icipe has approximately 350 staff to support its research and capacity building programmes, located at various sites in Kenya and Ethiopia.
icipe wishes to urgently recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Graphic Artist to be based at Duduville campus, Kasarani, Nairobi. This is a local (national) position that offers a two-year contract that is renewable.
The main objective of the position is to provide quality services in typesetting, design, layout and graphics for all icipepublications and in particular provide expertise in the graphics and imagesetting area as DTP Designer/Imagesetter.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration the Graphic Artist will perform the following duties, among others:
- Typeset, design and format layouts of texts for manuscripts, newsletters, brochures and other icipe publications, using desktop publishing and graphic design software.
- Prepare and suggest layout for icipe logos, publications covers and master copies.
- Design icipe business cards, staff IDs, advertisements and special occasions cards as necessary.
- Conceptualise and produce colour schemes for various icipe publications, posters, advertisements and information material.
- Liaise with the Scientific Illustrator and Typesetter regarding control and design of originals for printing.
- Keep a small inventory of desktop publishing and graphics design software, and report to SPO in new software needs acquisition.
- Produce work and liaise with scientists and other professional staff on completion of tasks.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Arts/Design.
- An advanced certificate in Computer Graphics/DTP.
- Proficiency in using Apple Macintosh computers is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of graphics design software packages.
- At least five years working experience as a Graphic Artist in an international organisation or newspaper.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office suite in addition to DTP expertise).
- Proficiency in the most important professional graphics design software, such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator, and CorelDRAW, is essential.
Applications will be accepted up to 24 November 2011. Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
How to apply
Please send an application with a detailed CV, names and addresses of 3 referees including e-mail addresses, fax numbers and remuneration package to:
The Human Resources Department
icipe - African Insect Science for Food and Health
P.O. Box 30772-00100
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on: 17 November 2011
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am