Information Communication Technology Officer1
- Company: Ewaso Ngiro South Development Authority
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th November 2011
- Location: Narok
ENSDA, one of the six Regional Development Authorities was established in 1989 by an Act of Parliament Cap 447 of the Laws of Kenya and started operations in 1991. The Authority covers Narok, Kajiado , parts of Nakuru and Nyandarua Counties. The Authority’s mandate is to initiate, plan, implement and co-ordinate socio-economic development projects and programs within the region.
The Authority seeks to invite applications from qualified individuals for the following position:
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Reporting to the Chief Manager Planning, the ICT officer will be charged with the following:
- coordinating systems analysis, design and programme specifications;
- ensuring timely implementation and effective maintenance of systems;
- developing reports on Information Communication Technology (ICT) Standards and supervision of overall systems documentation:
- taking charge of Information Communication Technology equipment maintenance;
- preparing progress reports of the ICT equipment maintenance:
- evaluating and recommending on the suitability of Information Communication Technology equipment;
- training Information Communication Technology Hardware Personnel and users;
- designing Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN); and
- preparing Staff Performance reports.
Applicants for the position must have a Degree in any of the following fields:
- Computer Science/Information Communication Technology.
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institution.
For appointment, one must have
- Served in the grade of Information Communication Technology Officer or an equivalent and relevant position in the Public Service or a reputable institution for a period of three (3) years.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrated professional ability, initiative and competency in organizing and directing work.
These are senior positions which require the successful candidates to provide policy guidelines to staff under them and for the overall mandate of the respective departments.
Serving officers who meet the above qualifications and requirements are encouraged to apply.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and experience of the individual will be offered to the right candidates.
The positions will be on contractual basis for three years renewable.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply stating their overall suitability for the position together with a detailed CV and photocopies of all testimonials that clearly addresses the ability to perform the key responsibilities to the address given below so as to reach the undersigned on or before 30th November 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ewaso Ngiro South Development Authority
P.O. Box 213-20500
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am