- Company: Multimedia University College of Kenya
- Deadline: Friday 18th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Multimedia University College of Kenya was established by the Kenya Government under Legal Notice Number 155 of 2008 as a constituent college of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), the successor to the Kenya College of Communications Technology (KCCT). The University College aims at becoming a regional leader in the discovery, preservation and dissemination of knowledge in the areas of Information and Communications Technology and related academic disciplines.
The College invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant position.
Reporting to the Principal/CEO, the ICT Director is expected to provide strategic leadership and direction to the College in ICT related matters. The ICT Director will oversee several functions including Network & Telecommunication Infrastructure, Information Systems and Operations & Client Support. The ideal candidate should be able to appreciate and implement the strategic role of ICTs in teaching, research and administrative environments.
- Provide ICT leadership and direction to College Management.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff within the ICT Directorate.
- Identify and implement effective automated processes to support the teaching, research and administrative divisions.
- Ensure Business Continuity/Security for College Information Systems and Assets.
- Project managing various in-house and/or externally contracted ICT projects.
- Candidate MUST have at least an MSc in IT/IS/Computer Science from a recognized university.
- Candidate MUST have at least one relevant Professional Qualification (CCNA, CISA, CISM, MSCE, OCP * Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a technical Telecommunications/ Engineering/ IT management position
- Belong to a relevant professional association (IEEE, ISACA, CSK)
How to apply
Applications must reach the undersigned by 18th November 2011.
Deputy Principal (Finance & Administration)
Multimedia University College of Kenya
P O Box 30305-00100
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm