Senior Web Developer, Scalability Aficionado1
- Company: Ushahidi
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Our goals for Ushahidi are simple; to disrupt the way information flows in the world by providing the best crowdsourcing tools with the least barriers to entry. Ushahidi has been a catalyst for change around the world over the past 4 years, simply by providing tools and platforms that allow ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
We are a mostly flat organization, approaching 20 employees who work from home, coworking spaces or coffee shops all around the world from San Francisco to Nairobi to Seoul.
The Role & You
We are looking for an experienced web developer who has serious chops when it comes to scaling web applications. We’re taking our cloud service, Crowdmap, from 15,000 “deployments” to hundreds of thousands. This means helping to come up with and implementing scaling strategies and performance enhancements.
Ideally you’ll have experience working on a LAMP stack dealing with high volumes of traffic. We aren’t looking for a system administrator per se, but you would be expected to fill some of those roles.
You will also be responsible for aiding in the planning and development of major new features on the service. Current features on our roadmap are centered around search, discoverability of deployments, managing paid accounts, and operating our own email server.
- Evidence of your work on GitHub, Codebase, CodePlex, Bitbucket, etc.
- Contributions to open source projects
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks like CodeIgniter or Kohana
- You understand that Africa is not a country
How to apply
Send an introduction along with your resume to email@example.com with +SrDeveloper in the subject line. If you have them, please include your GitHub, Twitter, or any other accounts that you think would help us to get to know you better.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm