- Company: United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
- Deadline: Tuesday 15th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Job Title : Software Developer
Organisation : UNDESA
Programme Title : Africa i-Parliaments Action Plan
Starting Date : 1st December 2011
Duty station : Nairobi (Kenya)
Duration : 3 months (with possibility of 3 month extension)
Application Deadline : 15th November 2011 – 12.00 p.m.
Type of Contract : Special Service Agreement
Africa i-Parliament Action Plan supports the modernisation of Parliaments and their transition into transparent, knowledge-based, learning organisations. One of the core activities of the Project is the development of “Bungeni – Parliamentary Information System”.
Provide Programming Assistance and Support to Bungeni Development
The key activities in this area involve :
- Customize the CMS functionality provided by Plone.
- Coordinate with other development partners on the delivery and testing of enhanced Plone components and features.
- Develop layouts for various user views and content types within Plone.
- Manage and maintain the content and data on the project\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s websites.
- Ensure uptime and disaster recovery measures, periodic backups of the project websites.
Education: Bachelors degree.
Experience: 1-2 years of experience – in the following skills is desirable:
- Proficiency in Python, HTML/CSS;
- Experience in web development related environment working with python and python related web frameworks.
Other skills/procifiency: Experience with any of the following would be an added advantage;
- Django, Pylons, Zope.
- Familiarity with version control systems.
- Open source project contributor.
- Working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Self-Motivated and a fast learner.
- Will need to familiarize yourself with the Plone content management system.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications may send their applications to email address
firstname.lastname@example.org before 12.00 p.m of 15th November 2011. Applications should include a cover note
and an updated curriculum vitae.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm