Mobile Application Developer1
- Company: Juhudi Kilimo
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Juhudi Kilimo is a social enterprise that provides asset financing and technical assistance to smallholder farmers and small-to-medium agro-businesses throughout Kenya. Juhudi began in 2004 as an initiative within K-Rep Development Agency and became an independent for-profit company in 2009. Based in Nairobi, Juhudi otherwise operates in very rural areas and has provided financing to over 9,000 men and women.
Juhudi uses an Android application called Simple MFI to display information about clients, groups, loans, transactions and passbook data. Simple MFI synchronizes with Juhudi’s MIS and copies data locally on to loan officer’s phones. For more information on Simple MFI, see https://github.com/kevgibbs/simple-mfi/wiki.
Juhudi seeks a developer for Simple MFI, Manta, and ODK-based tools. This is a one-month full-time contract based in Nairobi and reporting to the project manager. The developer can work on-site or off-site. Possibility for conversion to longer-term assignment.
- Design, develop, unit test, and build applications according to technical/functional specifications
- Analyze and document reported defects provide interfaces for application further development
How to apply
- Prior experience in the successful development of mobile applications using JAVA and Python.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a team and successfully interact with staff and partners.
- Experience with microfinance is an advantage.
Qualified applicants should send their CV via email to email@example.com.
- Wireless Wednesday - How to use mobile technology to improve education outcomes... Wednesday 6th August 2014 12:00pm
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am