Network & Office Automation Support Engineer1
- Company: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Deadline: Friday 11th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and self-oriented professionals to fill the position of:
NETWORK & OFFICE AUTOMATION SUPPORT ENGINEER
- Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure Unit in the ICT Department, the role-holder is responsible for Network support and administration.
- He/She has overall responsibility over the Active Directory management, Email Infrastructure, Server and PC Environments and Enterprise Storage Systems.
- He/She will develop, coordinate, and maintain business continuity procedures, analyze network security needs and assist in developing standards, guidelines and statements of direction for corporate IT system architectures.
- He/She will also support users in application of office automation tools.
- Responsible for the overall Active Directory Design, Implementation and administration
- Proactively plan and budget for AD improvements, system changes and New ICT Infrastructure
- Responsible for overall design, implementation and administration of Email and office automation software and hardware as well as configure email clients for users
- Provides end-to-end performance monitoring and management of Applications, Infrastructure and system health in order to proactively identify weaknesses and address them
- Develop and implement long term system performance strategies and etablish performance bench lines for all ICT Infrastructure
- Develop and implement Antivirus and patch management policies in line with compliance requirements and best practice
- Managing user account information in line with compliance requirements and best practices
- Maintenance of up to date inventory documentation of hardware and software
- Change management and documentation of system changes
- Troubleshooting and resolution of any reported problems in adherence to set SLAs
- Vendor Management – manage vendors to ensure uptime, user satisfaction and adherence to set SLAs
- Provides training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Develop and enforce policies for the desktop application and security environment
- Installing and configuring new hardware (servers, PCs, peripherals etc) and software
- Develop and enforce security policies for all PCS and servers including antivirus and Operating System updates]
- Develop, Configure and Manage authentication, authorization and accounting policies
- Maintenance of network servers, file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems and firewalls
The incumbent will be required to possess the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- MCSE is a pre-requisite.
- Other vendor certification in CISCO, IBM, Sun/ Oracle is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years experience in a busy computer environment
- 35 years & below
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown below by 11th November 2011.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: OAE/HRD/2011
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm