Director of Information Communication Technology1
- Company: Judicial Service Commission
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Constitution of Kenya focuses on values of integrity, efficiency and effectiveness in work performance, citizen- centered and results-focused service delivery, In fulfilment of its constitutional mandate as provided under article 159 and responding to the high public expectations and demands for improved performance, the Judiciary has developed an Integrated Comprehensive and Institutional Transformation Framework. This Framework will enable the Judiciary to adopt a holistic approach that is built on sector-wide collaboration, strategic and technical partnerships and benchmarked on emerging national, regional and global smart practice. To provide a resource framework the Judiciary with the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) providing overall policy direction and oversight, has established the following implementation arrangements; The Leadership Committee chaired by the Chief Justice, the Transformation Steering Committee chaired by the Deputy Chief Justice and a Technical Secretariat comprising Internal and External Team of Experts led by the Chief Registrar.
To enhance its capacity to implement this Integrated Comprehensive Strategic Framework, the Judiciary wishes to expand its technical human resources by filling the following vacant positions.
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Reporting to the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary, the Director of ICT will be required to leverage on appropriate technology to effectively and efficiently aid in the delivery and administration of Justice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and ensure the implementation of information and communication technology strategies in line with the Judiciary mandate and the comprehensive strategic framework
- Develop and implement effective policies, procedures, systems and processes for systems administration and security; judicial applications and support; and network administration.
- Advise the Judiciary on the development; implementation and maintenance of computerized court process; which include but not limited to, Court Management Systems, digital Audio Recording, Case Management, Virtual Court systems/teleconferencing, document management systems, Data capture and recovery systems.
- Develop accountability structures, supervise periodic reporting and projects and monitor the performance indicators for the ICTdepartments.
- Ensure all directorates and court stations are adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel
- Oversee the development of ICT plans in coordination with other directorates and departments.
- Oversee the contracting and management of ICT and related service providers.
- Coordinate the provision of timely information communication technology services to other directorate and court stations.
- To keep and maintain stock of all ICT Inventory of the Judiciary in liaison with the Procurement department .
- To oversee periodical checks on the state of ICT equipment and software and submit report to the Chief Registrar.
- Oversee the development of user training programmes and materials; and the coordination of ICT training in liaison of the user department
- To identify and coordinate annual user ICT requirements which must be confirmed in writing by the user department.
Requirements for Appointment
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Masters Degree or postgraduate professional qualifications in Information and
- Communication Systems would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years managerial or consultancy experience, three of which are at senior management level in ICT.
- A demonstrated track record in the delivery of ICT projects and services strategy development and execution.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by forwarding twelve (12) copies of the following (as well as soft copies):-
- A letter of application
- Detailed and updated curriculum vitae summarizing the applicant’s bio-data.
- Completed Application for Employment Forms – JSC 2A(for public officers) or JSC 2 (for other applicants).
- The applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs.
- Certified copies of testimonials and professional certificates and academic transcripts.
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30041 – 00100 NAIROBI
So as to reach the Commission within a period of twenty one (21) days from the date of this advertisement
The JSC 2A and JSC 2 Forms are available free of charge at the Commission’s Secretary/Chief Registrar’s Chambers, Room No. 10 at the Supreme Court Building (old High Court Building), Nairobi during office hours. The Forms can also be downloaded from the Judiciary’s Website – www.judiciarv.go.ke
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit, through fair and open competition, from the widest range of eligible candidates.
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am