- Company: Medic Mobile
- Deadline: Tuesday 1st March 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Medic Mobile is a quickly growing startup looking for talented web developers to help us define and expand our software portfolio.
In the developing world, lack of infrastructure often prevents patients in rural areas from receiving proper care. Health workers are constantly on the move to reach these isolated people and are often as disconnected from central clinics as the patients they serve. Medic Mobile develops and deploys appropriate technologies that connect all parts of the healthcare system, helping clinics, hospitals, and healthcare workers save more lives. If you are a talented web developer that is passionate about open source, open standards, and healthcare, we'd love to hear from you.
While there are specific skillsets that we are looking for, the following job descriptions are more guidelines than nonnegotiable checklists. Whatever technologies, languages, or development environments you have been using, we expect you to have mastered them in depth, and we expect that you will be able to master any technology, language, or development environment that we need in the future.
A best fit for Medic is
- an incredible coder. Your friends and coworkers describe you as an "Animal"
- passionate about open source and open standards
- interested in healthcare systems
- excited to work in a startup environment
- appreciative of best practices but cognizant of when to do things your own way
- proficient in English
- architect and implement systems in clean, performant Java code
- work as a key team member in a fast-paced, agile environment
- interact with our users and field team to design new features, test current interfaces, and squelch bugs
- 3+ years experience with Java in a professional setting
- a solid working knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
- the ability to get your hands dirty with SQL
- substantial experience with the non-programming parts of development (version control, spec writing, testing, etc)
For more info visit medicmobile.org and check out our other job listings at medicmobile.org/jobs.
How to apply
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wireless Wednesday - How to use mobile technology to improve education outcomes... Wednesday 6th August 2014 12:00pm
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am