Information Technology Specialist1
- Company: Orion East Africa Limited
- Deadline: Friday 11th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Orion East Africa Limited is a manufacturing company specializing in plant health products for both local and export markets. The company has been operational in Kenya for more than 23 years and is now looking for focused team player with a superior skill set in solving business and ICT problems within the company.
Orion East Africa is looking for a hands-on and motivated team player to take up the above mentioned position. The role holder will drive Orion into the 21st century on all ICT platforms to include designing, operating and maintaining technology products related to software, hardware, databases, web resources, networks and enterprise systems.
- Software development, network and database administration
- Provision of Technical Support to the organization and its employees and training of non technical workers on the business’s information systems
- Design systems and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented
- Determine the practicality of changes and modification of systems
- Work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to arrive at the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems
- Create a network with local telephony system
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Comm. Technology (BSc. ICT) or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
- At least 2 yrs experience in ICT Field
- Intuitive and resourceful team player
- Works with minimal supervision
- An effective communicator and motivator
- One with a mature and realistic approach towards job related assignments
- Ability to display noteworthy resourcefulness, flexibility and creativity in identifying, analyzing and proposing innovative ways to solve various user problems
- Certified ICT qualifications will be an added advantage
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application and detailed CV including current contacts of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Closing Date: November 11th, 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm