- Company: Safaricom
- Deadline: Wednesday 2nd November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within Enterprise Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
REF: ESBU PM_ October_2011_
Reporting to the Senior Manager Deployment, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating projects from initiation to completion; using maximum and effective utilization of project management tools, techniques, and experience, creativity, and management skills, to reach the predetermined objectives.
- Analyze project scope and contractual elements, plan, identify and mobilize resources needed. Liaise with relevant technical and customer service teams to plan project work and ensure that the linkages between the various teams capture all the tasks that need to be carried out in a specific project within a specific timeframe, cost budget and quality standard.
- Execute project implementation schedules and plans and revise them as appropriate to meet changing customer needs. Coordinate and manage all cross functional (cross team) activities & 3rd party roles for project success.
- Track and manage day-to-day operational, technical and logistical aspects of projects. Identify and mitigate risks.
- Communicate effectively and regularly to project stakeholders on project plans, schedules and change.
- Prepare project documentation and review deliverables before handover to client. Conduct service User Acceptance Tests (UAT) prior to project commissioning.
- Prepare Project Management reports as required from time to time;
- Bachelors Degree in business or Technical field – Engineering or Information Technology from a recognized university;
- 2 years work experience in project management with experience to line management or senior engineer level;
- Experience in managing multiple projects (6 – 12 month duration) simultaneously from start to finish;
- Working knowledge of MS-Project or other standard project management tools an added advantage.
- Excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills;
- Project Management skills;
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines with minimum supervision.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements and are self driven, proactive and up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter quoting the job title and reference number to the address below. All applications must be received on or before Wednesday the 2nd November 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via email to: email@example.com
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Monday 10th March 2014 9:34am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Monday 10th March 2014 9:34am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Monday 10th March 2014 9:34am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Monday 10th March 2014 9:34am