SI Associate - HMIS Specialist1
- Company: Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation
- Deadline: Tuesday 15th November 2011
- Location: Nairobi
An international NGO, implementing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to facilitate the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M&E infrastructure necessary to support these services, is seeking suitably qualified Kenyans able to fill the above position:
Reporting to: Senior SI Advisor
The Strategic Information Associate – HMIS will lead data use and analysis efforts in country and will work with a wide array of stakeholders at the national and local levels. He/she will be responsible for developing and overseeing implementation of the project’s strategies for increasing data demand and use for decision-making in HIV care and treatment. The DDIU associate’s technical knowledge base, skills and experience will include those necessary to engage in productive cross-cultural communication and capacity building with individuals from a wide range of educational, professional and socio-economic backgrounds and professional objectives for seeking and using health data.
- Provides technical advice to senior management on the departmental IT architecture and framework; approving technical architecture for projects under development; contributing to departmental IT strategies and plans.
- Advises senior management on the use of technology to enhance business objectives; reviewing information requirements and proposals and recommending changes based on technical merit.
- Plans, coordinates and manages major projects based on departmental program services and business processes in collaboration withSSA provides guidance and advice to team members, colleagues, and management.
- Advises clients on IT policies, procedures and standards; interpreting and disseminating central agency policies, standards and guidelines when indicated
- Defines project terms of reference; managing the selection and provision of the appropriate technology; collaborates in determining priorities and deliverables, monitoring service levels and evaluating against success measures, and making presentations to management (internal and client organizations).
- Negotiates and reaches agreement with client organizations on services and service levels to be provided.
- Represents the team on intra and inter departmental committees and working groups concerned with the area of expertise, and liaising with industry representatives while conducting research into new technologies.
- Responsible for developing and obtaining management approval for strategies, and project plans; for preparing request for proposal specifications; developing evaluation criteria; and for controlling and administering small to medium size project budgets.
- Responsible for providing input into and setting of priorities and deadlines; and assessment of cost benefit and feasibility studies.
- Responsible to search out and master information on leading edge technologies in order to maintain expertise in a rapidly changing field.
- Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of data while residing on departmental computers and networks.
- Responsible to assign tasks, activities, goals, and milestones and for supervising technical staff and participating in staff selection
- Post graduate in health informatics, computer science or public health.
- At least 5 years of experience in the public health arena, preferably in a clinical setting
- 5 years of practical data use/M&E experience,
- Excellent data base management skills ( SQL, Access, Excel)
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use (e.g. HMIS, DHIS,EMR).
- Have a good understanding of the health systems
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organizational skills including demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, coordinate, and meet deadlines
- The ability to work well under moderate pressure and skilled in trouble shooting, crisis management, and problem solving
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and only short listed candidates will be contacted due to the load of applications received. No phone calls please.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply
All applications should be submitted on or before 11th November, 2011 to:
The HR Manager, Maryland Global Initiatives,
P.O. BOX 495-00606, Nairobi.
Documents to be included: a cover letter with the applicants current contact information, updated CV showing the names of three professional referees and testimonials.
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm