- Company: Centre for Health Solutions
- Deadline: Monday 17th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local, indigenous Kenyan not-for-profit organization with in-depth understanding of the local context, utilization of local expertise as well as strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
DATA OFFICER; NAIROBI Ref: 010/CHS/DO/2011
Reporting to: Data Manager
Overall job function:
To provide support in the planning and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation activities required for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs in coordination with the Ministries of Health and M&E staff.
In coordination with the Program Officer and with technical oversight from the Data Manager, the Data Officer is responsible for M&E activities in particular:-
- Facilitate and offer technical support in planning and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities, data cleaning, data collection, data storage (back up) data analysis and reporting.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the MOH staff in data management
- Conduct biannual data quality assessment both for paper based and electronic data based
- Conduct baseline, midterm and end term evaluation
- Supervision of the computerization exercise (C-PAD and REDES)
- Conduct data reconstruction
- Quarterly reporting and feedback dissemination to the PHMT,DHMTs and MDTs
- Conduct program facility characteristics tracking system ( P-FACTs)
- Diploma or certificate in Health Records and Information Technology from Kenya Medical Training College, SPSS and a certificate in Health Information Management Systems.
- At least 3 years proven professional experience in Data quality assessment, data transcription, data reconstruction, coding and indexing of diseases, filling procedures and data cleaning, collection, storage, analysis and reporting.
- Strong data management, presentation and mentorship skills
- Ability to mentor, train, supervise and inspire confidence in staff working under Him/her
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their application cover letter indicating their salary expectations and current CV with three professional referees to the Finance and Administration Director, at email@example.com by 17th October 2011. Please indicate the title and Reference number of the position applied for in the subject line of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. CHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all who are qualified for the above positions.
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm