Information and Communication Officer1
- Company: Agricultural Sector Coordination Unit
- Deadline: Wednesday 19th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Agricultural Sector Coordination Unit (ASCU) is an inter-ministerial Secretariat to the Agricultural and Rural Development Sector Ministries. It spearheads and facilitates the implementation and coordination of the Agricultural Sector strategies. ASCU seeks to recruit a dynamic, well exposed and competent candidate to fill the above position.
The Information and Communication Officer will carry out the following tasks, in close collaboration with the all players in the Agricultural Sector.
Communications Strategy and Activities
- Spearhead the implementation of the Agricultural Sector Communications Strategy and Implementation Plan;
- Develop and implement the agricultural sector communications tools, systems and products, including website(s), IT platforms, blogs, printed materials, video, photos etc. in liaison with other ASCU staff;
- Co-ordinate the production of brochures, hand-outs, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia material in liaison with otherASCU staff.
Media strategy and Networking
- Develop and lead the implementation of a media strategy for the Agricultural Sector;
- Coordinate all Agricultural Sector media aspects of all major events;
- Compile an address book and maintain press relations for the development of an extensive and effective network of media contacts;
- Oversee the production of press briefs, press releases, articles, background briefs for the preparation of press conferences, press events and briefings, interviews, etc., in close liaison with the other staff;
- Closely monitor and assess the Agricultural Sector’s image in the media and provide monthly reports;
- Support the image of the Agricultural Sector through Public Relations efforts and campaigns;
- Co-ordinate the Agricultural Sector’s engagement with stakeholders at major relevant local and international events.
Administration and Management Support
- Carry out administrative duties required to function within the ASCU Secretariat;
- Develop and use annual and quarterly work plans to guide work and deliver results;
- Ensure translations of Agricultural Sector documentation.
- Relevant Masters Degree or higher qualification (in information and communication, social or political sciences or humanities);
- At least 7 years experience and strong understanding and working with media at all levels;
- Experience in developing synthetic background papers in a short period of time;
- Excellent presentation and communications skills and the ability to write clear and concise issue briefs and reports in English; Knowledge of other languages is an added advantage.
- Experience in working as part of a team to deliver key outputs on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated understanding of major policy issues surrounding the Agricultural sector;
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications, including detailed CV, academic certificates and daytime telephone number, by hand, courier or post so as to reach the undersigned by close of business on Wednesday, 19th October, 2011.
Applications can also be sent by Email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The ASCU Coordinator,
Cathedral Road, off Ngong Road,
P.O. Box 30028-00100
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm