- Company: Centre for Health Solutions
- Deadline: Monday 17th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local, indigenous Kenyan not-for-profit organization with in-depth understanding of the local context, utilization of local expertise as well as strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
ICT OFFICER; NAIROBI Ref: 006/CHS/ICTO/2011
Overall Job Function:
The ICT Officer reporting to Finance and Administration Director has the primary responsibility to ensure all ICT activities within the program are functional. It requires an enthusiastic individual who has a good understanding of all aspects of ICT, as well as a general knowledge of Microsoft applications who will assist in maintaining and supporting ICT systems, solutions and services across all the departments.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Will provide Applications support, Hardware/Software Installations and require monitoring of the organization Web Site by analyzing web site usage data from server logs or other sources.
- Receive and log requests for support from ICT users and respond to the requests in a logical and prioritized manner.
- Within a broad area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and in consultation with the supervisor, determine appropriate actions to take. Helps to resolve problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Within own area of competence, provides correct response to requests for support by means of for example: making system modifications, developing work-arounds or site-specific enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff and producing additional documentation.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures. Liaising with Finance, Admin and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls and full, auditable support documentation.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to ICT equipment safety and maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines of the organization.
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed. Take corrective action to avoid or minimize delays.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function commensurate with the level of responsibilities of the position.
- A minimum of a degree in Information Technology with practical skills in Information Management and ICTs.
- Proficiency in the use of ICT particularly in development of web‐based solutions, maintenance of websites and working with databases.
- At least three years experience in communication and ICTs.
- Excellent use of MS Office packages and office automation solutions
- Good organization, interpersonal, negotiation and high level of computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their application cover letter indicating their salary expectations and current CV with three professional referees to the Finance and Administration Director, at email@example.com by 17th October 2011. Please indicate the title and Reference number of the position applied for in the subject line of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. CHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all who are qualified for the above positions.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm