- Company: Goal Ireland Kenya
- Deadline: Wednesday 19th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Reports To: Logistics Coordinator
Responsible for all aspects of Information and Communication technology planning, management and implementation for Goal Kenya programme. Included in the job is the development and implementation of policies and procedures and ensuring adherence to all statutory requirements and any industry good practice guidelines in the Nairobi office and all programme locations.
Overall objectives of the position
To ensure the good management, maintenance of the Information technology and communication resources for the Kenya programme.
IT Systems support
- Provide technical assistance on implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Provide help desk and technical support to users of the Information System.
- Administer and maintain the Local Area Network hardware and software.
- Administer the Intranet in the organization.
- Administration of the wireless Internet/E-mail connectivity.
- Maintain the anti-virus protection of all IT applications and make staff aware of the latest virus alerts.
- Repair and maintain all IT equipment or co-ordinate for external repairs where necessary.
- All aspects of data backup and recovery. Ensure backup files are updated regularly and stored safely.
- Organize the periodic checks and cleaning of all IT equipment as part of the preventive maintenance service.
- Setup and maintain system security, access level privileges and password protection.
- Implement the organization’s IT policy
- PDC and active directory management
- Proxy implementation and support
- WAN management and support for inter branch connectivity
- Implement and support financial systems, SAGE, NAV, etc
- Creation of user profiles & extension codes for new employees
- Liaise with procurement personnel on the purchase of IT equipment as required.
- Keep abreast of new products and software releases and advice management on new purchases.
- Prepare and administer an IT budget for each programme in conjunction with the Finance department.
- Liaise with procurement to arrange, negotiate and maintain IT supply and maintenance frame agreements
- Check and comment on compliance of procedures in procurement in reference to suppliers
- Maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in the office and field locations.
- Audit of all IT equipment in the store and advice on the status
- Maintain a software/hardware register
- Prepare and administer an IT training budget for the programmes.
- Maintain a database of local IT training providers and assess appropriate training courses for Goal staff.
- Carry out simple, on the job training for staff as required.
- Prepare an IT briefing for new field and office staff and perform those briefing as required.
- Identify and train one IT focal person for each project to support that project
Relocations, upgrades and new Equipment
- Arrange all aspects of IT relocation, upgrades and installations of new equipment, including wiring, cabling, location consideration, security, compatibility and all other practical arrangement.
- Prepare and file incident reports for each incident.
- Prepare the monthly IT and communications reporting section of the programmes overall monthly report to head office to be submitted to the log co before the 5th day (latest) of every month
PABX and Telephone System support
- Management of the entire voice system.
- Liaise with contractors for the support and maintenance of all telephone systems used with the programmes.
- Support the server based telephone-monitoring system.
- All other support of mobile and landline communication.
- Management of voice and data accounts with service providers
- Monitor communication cost trends and advice management from time to time Satellite Phones an Rbgan IP Modems
- Install appropriate software and test satphone/Rbgan equipment for both voice and data transmission.
- Provide programme staff with basic training in the installation and use of satellite communication equipment.
- Liaise with contractors for the support and maintenance of satellite communication equipment.
- Supervise IT support staff.
- Management of the logistics department in the absence of the logistics co-ordinator
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements and brief key programme staff on new requirements.
- Ensure that all software licenses are purchased and maintained.
- Liaise with other NGO’s regarding current IT issues and concerns.
- Other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- BSC in IT/Computer science or any relevant field. A+, N+, MCSE, CCNA certification an added advantage.
- Minimum three years experience in computer operations in a relatively busy environment.
- Excellent knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, knowledge of web design, knowledge of Microsoft Windows network administration.
- Network systems troubleshooting.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of distributed databases.
- Understanding of packaged accounting operations. (Sage Accounting preferred).
- Flexible person and ready to work at odd hours.
- Self motivated.
- Team player.
- Willingness to travel
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office.
- Good supervisory skills
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please send your CV (maximum THREE pages—any more will be rejected) listing three reference including your last direct supervisor and salary expectation to
The Human Resources Manager
GOAL Kenya, P.O Box 66242-00800,
or by email to email@example.com
Please put the job title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
The closing date for all applications is Tuesday, 19th October 2011.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and responded to after interviews.
No phone calls.
GOAL is an equal opportunity employer, qualified male and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm