Information Technology Manager1
- Company: Grain Bulk Handlers Limited
- Deadline: Thursday 20th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Grain Bulk Handlers Limited is the market leader in handling bulk grain in the port of Mombasa. We are looking for suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy at our grain terminal.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
The position reports to the Finance Director. The incumbent will work closely with the other departments to render IT services.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the department
- Direct staff in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports
- Supervise staff ¡n accordance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor the LAN resources for security and performance issues
- Maintain & repair, where possible, all IT equipments
- Planning and coordinating security measures, performance monitoring and tuning of servers
- Maintain site licenses for the organization
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network
- Communicating regularly and working closely with other department Heads
- Be a Team Player with good communication and interpersonal people management skills.
Essential Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum base qualification required is Bachelors in IT/Computer Science.
- Fully familiar with Microsoft Windows operating systems md. desktop and server versions, Windows 98, 2K, XP, NT server, and 2K12K3 server, etc.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003 mail server, and other applications relating to networking.
- Software installation, backup, archive, hardware and software troubleshooting
- Printer and system maintenance
- Advance knowledge of database implementation, Microsoft Sever Management and SQL programming (DDL/DML)
- Advance knowledge of Crystal Reports and web based reporting
- Previous software programming experience would be an advantage with displayed experience of C++
- Knowledge and support of Solomon System will be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in system & network administration and user help desk support.
How to apply
If you are the ideal candidate and are looking to build your career in General Port Management or Information Technology, send your application together with a detailed CV to the address below.
Human Resource and Administration Manager.
P.O.Box 80469 – 80100,
Or e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grain Bulk Handlers Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm