Manager, Web Development1
- Company: Kenya Commercial Bank
- Deadline: Monday 28th February 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Commercial Bank, renowned for its diversity and growth in the Region is currently strengthening its support for group operations and business with the aim of maintaining Best Practice whilst also responding to the growing Business needs to support internal and external Customer Service delivery objectives and increase shareholder value. To this end the following challenging position has arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Application Development, the Manager, the Manager, Web Development will be responsible for leading and coordinating the bank’s Web and Share-point developments.
The manager is accountable for managing the preparation and timely delivery of quality web applications. The responsibility includes requirements definition, review of design documents, user test planning and review, defect tracking, and project closure tasks.
The major responsibilities of this position will be :
- Administer Share point Server and Services.
- Design, Develop and Install Share point components.
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure that web applications are well secured
- Work closely with IT Security in implementing SSL and other encryption certificates for ensuring robust and secure applications
- Accountable for managing the preparation and timely delivery of quality web applications. The responsibility includes requirements definition, review of design documents, user test planning and review, defect tracking, and project closure tasks.
- Develop methods to track and monitor potential frauds on web.
- Develop RFPs, assess vendor qualifications and manage 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Have expert knowledge on Dot Net programming, Active Server pages development and Database Management.
- Work with Excel services and Sql analysis services to provide results on data collected.
- Provide the bank with statistical reports on research and performance of various services using web tools.
- Develop Business Continuity plans for web solutions
- Specifying and ensuring application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have: -
- A Bachelors of Science in Computing or related degree from a recognised University
- Java programming certification
- Possession of additional IT qualifications and Certified Information System Auditor or Certified Information Security Manager will be a definite advantage
- In particular, the applicant should have at least 3-4 years working experience in:-
- Developing web applications, defining and testing the software or systems after development to ensure that the set functional and security parameters are in place.
- Internet connectivity security.
- Java programming and .net
- Knowledge of SQL programming. SQL Server 2005/8 Administration and performance tuning will be an added advantage.
- Good insight and experience in IT Security related issues
- Good understanding of networking principles such as IP addressing and routing
- Good knowledge of the workings of the internet, firewalls and VPN technology
- Some working knowledge of PC hardware
- Possess sound negotiation, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Be pleasant, outgoing, aggressive and self-driven
How to apply
Send your application to email@example.com
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm