Systems Analyst / Developer1
- Company: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Deadline: Friday 21st October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “the Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and self-oriented professional to fill the position of: SYSTEMS ANALYST/DEVELOPER
The successful person will report to the Head – Systems Development in ICT Department.
As a Systems Analyst/Developer, the role holder will be responsible for the detailed analysis design and development of In-house systems and Management Information Systems (M.I.S.). Additionally this role will be required to maintain and support applications within this section.
- Guide the business in drawing report formats and advise on the best approach to automate these reports and returns
- Design and code reportslreturns according to user specification with the key objective of delivering reports that will assist in decision making and control
- Develop and maintain documentation/manuals on system configuration or setup
- Carry out technical user training as required to enable users to interpret the reports
- Assist in preparing system definition/specification by the users highlighting technical requirements
- Carry out analysis of the requirements and recommend solutions to address user requirements
- Design and code the system according to user specification
- Carry out technical user training in respect to these systems so that the business can utilize them
- Rollout piloted systems to the bank’s branches and users
- Provide test systems for UAT and ensure that functions/features are tested before being put on the live system
- Make changes to system configuration and parameters to accommodate business and technological requirements
- Secure systems by putting adequate controls and restrict access to programs by users in accordance to the requirements of the bank
The incumbent will be required to possess the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience and good knowledge of development tools with a bias in Microsoft.Net (VB and C++) and Java.
- Minimum 2 years experience in software development with a proven track record
- Must have designed systems or sub-systems which have been implemented successfully
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases specifically Oracle and MS-SQL
- Ability to work through own initiative and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to tolerate stress and achieve objectives despite difficulties
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown below by 21st October 2010.
We are an equal opportunity employer: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: ICT – System Deveioper/3/HRD12011
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am