Information Security Manager1
- Company: Co-operative Bank of Kenya
- Deadline: Friday 21st October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Are you looking for an Employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “the Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and self oriented professional to fill the position of: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER
The successful person will report to the Head of Information Security.
As an Information Security Manager the role holder will be responsible for providing continuous independent assurance on the bank’s Information Security as regards confidentiality, integrity and availability of the IT infrastructure, processing systems and related resources in line with the Information Security Policy.
- Information security risk analysis and management
- Perform security tests
- Manage internal audits on information security processes, controls and system
- Provide guidance and consultation on projects for IT Security related risks and issues
- Educate and train employees about their information security responsibilities in line with the Bank policy on information security
- Designing information security controls and developing security plans
- Monitoring and managing all information security breaches and handling security incidents, taking remedial action to prevent recurrence wherever possible
- Review of operating and information systems
- Development of/involvement in independent review of technology related procedures, product programs to ensure that the appropriate infrastructure is incorporated into the different business initiatives and the bank technology policies are respected
- Review of all relevant system logs to identify and address activity that is not consistent with set out Information Security guidelines and standards
- Carry out Information Security reviews along the various phases of a project’s lifecycle as detailed in the Bank’s Project Management framework
- Manage the implementation of Information Security into the day-to-day operations and culture of the Business
- Provide interpretation of the Information Security policies to the Business
- Ensure information security solutions are consistent with the ISP&S and corporate architectural directions/directives and oversee deployment
- Lead businesses in development of action plans as a result of gap assessment findings, and/or ethical hacking results
- Keep abreast of application, product and system development within the business and appraise the effect and appropriateness of planned changes to the existing control framework
The incumbent will be required to possess the following attributes/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from a recognized university
- Possess relevant Information Security Certification such as ClSA and ClSM
- 3 years working experience in information security within a large and highly computerised organization
- Understanding of risk and systems security control processes
- Good understanding of Information Security and control objectives
- Applicants with prior working experience in the same role in a financial institution will have an added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied by copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to the address shown below by 21 st October 2011.
We are an equal opportunity employer. N.B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application and on the envelope: Information Security Manager – ISO/3/HRD12011
Human Resources Division
Co-operative Bank of Kenya ltd.
P.O. Box 48231-00100
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm