- Company: mSwali
- Deadline: Sunday 30th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
By providing organizations with an out-of-the-box, web-based mobile communications solution, mSwali allows them to better understand the economics, health, opinions, and preferences of their existing or potential customers, and empowers them to react more quickly to ongoing changes in the market, and refine the services they offer based on real-time market insights.
Specifically, the mSwali suite of enterprise tools is designed to allow rapid and simple collection of data in real-time via SMS (text messaging) or IVR (interactive voice response), and to be operated intuitively and autonomously without the need for external quantitative analysts or consultants to understand and interpret the results.
The Position Title: Lead Developer
Reports To: Project Manager
Terms of Employment
This is a 50% time contract position to last no less than 4 months beginning in October Possibility of extension, or conversion to longer-term assignment Compensation is competitive
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead development of the mSwali platform, including code review and upgrade, new feature development, and scalability testing
- Integrate new MNO infrastructure
- Work directly with organizational pilot users (once launched) to understand usability, address issues, and receive feedback
- Meetings with vendors (e.g. Premium Rate Service Providers) when necessary
- Write weekly status reports on progress towards deliverables
- Currently residing in Nairobi, Kenya
- 3+ years experience developing scalable web-based applications
- 1+ years experience developing in either Google AppEngine or Python (both preferred)
- Candidates must be able to commit 20-30 hours/week for the duration of the project, and cannot be enrolled in any full-time program
- Extremely proficient at managing time to meet milestones
- Please highlight if you have experience:
- Working on SMS-based systems
- Working on VOIP-based systems
- Working with organizations serving rural areas
- Please include a link to any Python or GAE-based project that you were the primary developer or architect of, if available.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send a one-page resume to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. This position will be filled as soon as a good match is found.
Please forward to any qualified applicants or relevant lists.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm