Manager, Mobile Application Development1
- Company: Kenya Commercial Bank
- Deadline: Monday 28th February 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Commercial Bank, renowned for its diversity and growth in the Region is currently strengthening its support for group operations and business with the aim of maintaining Best Practice whilst also responding to the growing Business needs to support internal and external Customer Service delivery objectives and increase shareholder value. To this end the following challenging position has arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
Reporting to Senior Manager, Application Development, the Mobile Application Development Manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating the bank’s hand-held devices application developments.
This will require interaction with third party service providers as well as other internal IT units. The manager must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for hand-held devices as a business delivery channel for both bank corporate and retail customers as well as for online agency banking services.
The major responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Design, Develop and deliver new mobile banking and gaming application solutions by working with other business units.
- Design, Develop real time online reports for executives to be able to track Mobile banking performance.
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure that the mobile banking and gaming applications are well secured
- Work closely with IT Security in implementing SSL and other encryption certificates for ensuring robust and secure applications
- Develop methods to track and monitor potential frauds on mobile banking.
- Develop RFPs, assess vendor qualifications and manage 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Have expert knowledge of hand-held application development technologies, eCommerce and other payment banking technologies
- Drive the mobile banking and gaming solutions to exceed customer expectations
- Develop Business Continuity plans for mobile banking and gaming solutions
- Specifying and ensuring application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
For the above position, the successful applicants should have: -
- A Bachelors of Science in Computing or related degree from a recognised University.
- Java programming certification
- Possession of additional IT qualifications and Certified Information System Auditor or Certified Information Security Manager will be a definite advantage
In particular, the applicant should have at least 3-4 years working experience in:-
- Developing Mobile phone applications, defining and testing the software or systems after development to ensure that the set functional and security parameters are in place.
- Internet connectivity security.
- Java programming and .net
- Knowledge of SQL programming. SQL Server 2005/8 Administration and performance tuning will be an added advantage.
- Good insight and experience in IT Security related issues
- Good understanding of networking principles such as IP addressing and routing
- Good knowledge of the workings of the internet, firewalls and VPN technology
- Some working knowledge of PC hardware
- Possess sound negotiation, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Be pleasant, outgoing, aggressive and self-driven
How to apply
email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Monday 10th March 2014 9:50am
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Monday 10th March 2014 9:50am
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Monday 10th March 2014 9:50am
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Monday 10th March 2014 9:50am