Strategic Information Associate, Central Province1
- Company: Futures Group
- Deadline: Friday 7th October 2011
- Location: Central Province
Established in 1971, Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. We assist governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The Strategic Information Associate will be responsible for automating collection and reporting of Health Information at LPTFs and delivering supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting.
She/he is responsible for ensuring that data collected is comprehensive, clean and valid, and ensuring the further deployment of IQCare Electronic Medical Records System (EMR) to all service delivery outlets in the network. Additionally, the SI Associate will plan for and lead all SI related training activities at the service delivery outlets or for other groups. The SI Associate will ensure timely and accurate donor reports to both the MOH and to the USG. The SI Associate will also represent Futures and contribute to National M&E and HMIS development, through NASCOP and other national level HIV/AIDS leadership bodies.
The position will be a one year contract renewable based on the candidate performing well under a performance contract. The position is based in Central Kenya.
- Masters in public health, epidemiology, statistics, or related field with 1year significant experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years extensive experience in Strategic Information/M&E of health programs
- Experience in clinical setting is preferred
- Experience working with Patient Management and Monitoring Systems (PMMS) and monitoring and evaluation
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring of HIV projects; and
- Experience and familiarity with USG and MOH (e.g. KePMS and DHIS) reporting systems
- Familiarity with information dissemination at national and international level
- Knowledge and experience in HIV patients’ data analysis and use of Statistical data analysis packages e.g: Epi Info, SPSS, CSpro etc.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience working with and designing tools to support decision making,
- Training and workshop facilitation experience
- Ability to trouble-shoot, manage crisis, and problem solving
- Knowledge of both Swahili and English is a must
- Proved experience in Data Analysis is a must
- Ability or Experience in Abstract writing
- Coordinate all monitoring and evaluation for PEPFAR including GHI and NGI
- Supervise and coordinate the collection of accurate monitoring reports from the health facilities (monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually) on all required indicators
- Support information technology infrastructure and management for data management tools
- Coordinate technical SI needs at sites (computers and hardware)
- Build the data culture at health facilities to improve data demand and data use
- Manage and provide training for data analysis at the service delivery outlets and coordinate the technical assistance to sites in the analysis of data to address gaps in program and services
- Help the project to demonstrate that project interventions result in observable and measurable improvement in the quality of HIV care and treatment services and clients served.
- Increase LPTF demand for quality information, methods, and tools, and facilitation of information use in decision making
How to apply
Submit all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm