Software Engineer, Core Platform1
- Company: Kopo Kopo
- Deadline: Sunday 30th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kopo Kopo is changing the way consumers interact with merchants in emerging economies. From mobile payments to advertising to customer service, Kopo Kopo is building a platform that transforms the merchant-consumer experience.
Our Platform Software Engineers are directly responsible for the design, development and deployment of the server side of all user facing features. This ranges from the development of rich web experiences, to designing and developing the APIs to low level performance optimization.
Problems we work on
- Payments Platform: Building a service to process millions of mobile money transactions a day
- Reconciliation: Building services to correctly reconcile data with multiple back-office systems
- Site-reliability: Keeping the site highly available through monitoring, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
- External APIs: Develop modern, robust APIs
- Low-level Debugging: Identifying a bug and tracing it all the way down to a 3rd-party library or API. Fixing the bug and giving back to the community.
- Security: In-depth and security by design is what we are after.
- Polyglot: Orchestrate Ruby on Rails, Java and other language into a coherent platform.
- Desire to program in Ruby
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time
- SQL experience
Desirable, but not required
- Professional Ruby development experience
- Open source contributions
- TDD experience
- Experience scaling web services
- Experience building server side APIs
How to apply
Apply for this position by emailing a CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wireless Wednesday - How to use mobile technology to improve education outcomes... Wednesday 6th August 2014 12:00pm
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am