- Company: USAID
- Deadline: Sunday 30th October 2011
- Location: Washington, DC
Macfadden is seeking a Web Developer to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). This position will work with OTI’s Information and Technology (IT) Team and Geographic Information Unit (GIU), as part of the Field Programs Division. The USAID Office of Transition Initiatives supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping local partners advance peace and democracy in priority countries in crisis. Seizing critical windows of opportunity, OTI works on the gournd to provide fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political tranisiton and stabilization needs. OTI operates in countries such as Afghanistan, Haiti, Tunisia, Kenya and others.
Basic duties of the Web Developer include incorporating interactive maps and other geospatial visualization/analysis technologies throughout OTI’s website interfaces to display data, as well as creating desktop tools for visualizing geospatial data. The position will also participate in developing requirements for visualization tools that will be incorporated into internal and external web-based and desktop information systems including the OTI Anywhere website (http://www.oti.gov). Position will work closely with OTI's Technology Specialist, IT Program Manager and three GIS Analysts and Graphic Designer. The candidate would get to be a part of a close-knit Geographic Information Unit that uses geospatial data to assist Program Managers in explaining the "what, why and where" behind OTI's work and inform program decision-making. Extensive training in GIS tools will be provided the successful candidate.
Location: Washington, DC
Job Code: 255
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: Negotiable
Citizenship: U.S. Citizen
Security Clearance: Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance required
Requirements and Desired Skill Sets:
- Experience with basic software and web development principles, concepts, and methods; e.g., requirements analysis, use case analysis, database design, software development life cycle.
- Ability to design and manage information systems, experience with database packages such as mySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, or MS Access also desired.
- Familiarity with web mapping tools (particularly those used for map tiling and creating mashups/online interactive maps such as Google Maps API, Google Earth plugin, Yahoo! Maps API, Microsoft Virtual Earth API, MapBox, OpenLayers, OpenStreetMap), a plus.
- Proficiency with ESRI tools (i.e. ArcIMS and ArcGIS Server) and experience with geospatial data formats such as shapefiles, KML, GeoJSON as well as OGC/WMS protocols, a plus.
- Familiarity with DHTML desired.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux distributions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree and 3 years of experience as a Web Developer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- U.S. Citizen.
- Able to obtain a US Government security clearance at the Secret level.
How to apply
Please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MACF&cws=1&rid=255
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm