Regional ICT Advisor1
- Company: Danya International Kenya Limited
- Deadline: Saturday 15th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Africa Regional Director, the Regional Information Communications Technology Advisor will provide technical leadership and implementation oversight for all of Danya’s evidenced based information communications technology (ICT) initiatives in the region. The position will be responsible for providing technical assistance to USG agencies, USG partners, and national government partners, designing and leading high impact ICT strategies and implementations.
- Master’s degree and in related field and 8 years of directly related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-graduate level training preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years of senior level experience in designing and implementing ICT programs for social development programs
- Ability to travel nationally and Internationally
- Fluent in English
Competencies – Behavioral
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information, adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, and adjusts rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems, distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions, and provides solutions to individual and organizational problems. Develops reasonable options for solutions when required for decision making.
- Strong Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Information Management: Identifies a need for and knows where or how to gather information, and organizes and maintains information or information management systems.
- Teamwork: Demonstrates ability to work in cooperation with others and communicates effectively with coworkers, supervisors, subordinates, clients, and other outside contacts.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and undertakes additional duties on his or her own when appropriate.
- Professionalism: Stays focused on the situation, issue, or behavior related to work and resolves work-related problems in a constructive and collegial manner.
- Reliability: Can be relied on to be available when needed, completes assigned tasks, and conducts necessary follow-up independently.
- Compliance with Policy, Law, and Regulation: Complies with safety regulations, rules of conduct, other applicable laws and regulations, and company policies.
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams, and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
Competencies – Technical
- Technical Ability: Understands and appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to job requirements. Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one’s job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Information Technology: Demonstrates proven skills in the effective use of information technology, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, PowerPoint, etc.
- Oral Communication: Expresses facts and ideas orally in a clear, convincing, and organized manner.
- Written Communication: Recognizes or uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Significant experience in design and development of technology solutions to increase international development project impact
- Project work experience with open source technology
- Familiarity with the design of mobile phone applications
- Demonstrated experience leading large ICT initiatives funded by international donor organizations, preferably funded by USAID or otherUSG agencies
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable projects
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying best practices and adapting them to program realities
Competencies – Corporate
- Integrity: Demonstrates a professional approach embedded with a high level of integrity, trustworthiness, and honesty in all relationships with staff, customers, contractors, consultants, and the general public.
- Quality: Implements and maintains quality control systems to meet company standards by developing policies and implementing procedures that ensure a high level of quality in all aspects of corporate activity and projects.
- Creativity: Demonstrates an ability to develop creative, original, innovative, or inventive solutions in support of Danya processes, services, interactions, or products. Maintains high-level creativity and innovation in the full spectrum of project development, implementation, and operation.
- Customer Service: Ensures customer’s needs are understood and that products and/or services demonstrate an understanding of customer’s needs and requirements. Continually strives to reduce variations in the existing process that cause failures to meet customer’s needs and requirements. Constantly looks for ways to provide new innovative products/services and processes to meet customer’s needs and requirements.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for any of the current Nairobi openings listed or submit your resume for future consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Please send CV/Resumes to: Globalrecruitment@danya.com
Danya International Kenya Limited was founded in 2008 and serves as Danya International’s Africa Regional Office. To learn more about the company, visit www.danya.com. We have the following open positions in Kenya.
Danya is an equal opportunity employer.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm