- Company: United Nations Population Fund
- Deadline: Friday 30th September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Type of Contract: SSA, Period: 2 months
The United Nations Population Fund is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Purpose of the post
The present Terms of Reference aims to provide a framework for development of the UNFPA Somalia Country Office official website. The website is expected to adhere to UNFPA branding guidelines and design approaches employed in UNFPA global web site (www.unfpa.org). It should be user-friendly, with smooth navigation and modern content management system, and serve as a working tool for UNFPA Somalia and an information resource for its partners and general public, about UNFPA in general and UNFPA Somalia in particular.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Officer-In-Charge and direct supervision of the Communications Focal Point, the Consultant will:
- Ensure that before the end of the consultancy UNFPA Somalia Country Office website is fully operational;
- Ensure UNFPA Somalia staff is trained in management of the web site.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in IT sector and/or web developing (experience with other international organizations is an asset);
- Proven experience in web development field, solid portfolio of accomplished web projects;
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as fluency in Somali.
- Familiarity with UN development programmes and working methods, and particularly with UNFPA policies and procedures;
How to apply
Applications with a current CV and P11 (www.escwa.un.org/main/vacancies/P_11.doc) marked: – Web Designer ” should be forwarded to email address: email@example.com
UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm