Data Warehouse Senior Technical Manager1
- Company: Futures Group
- Deadline: Tuesday 27th September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Reports To: Chief of Party
Established in 1971, Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence – based solutions to improve the health and well- being of people around the world. We have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender.
Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Futures Group provides HMIS support to the Government of Kenya (GoK) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Under a new contract, the Futures team provides a range of technical assistance including: support for the continued development and implementation of the national HMIS strategy; improving information flow to guide policy and program decisions; facilitating interoperability between disparate HMIS including specific efforts to harmonize and integrate laboratory, pharmacy, and electronic medical records (EMR) sub-systems; and developing a data warehouse.
The Data Warehouse Senior Technical Manager will advise and provide technical expertise to the Chief of Party, and the broader project team.
This individual will lead the project’s strategy for and implementation of the data warehouse, define the business and information requirements, resolve high-level business and information issues, coach both the HMIS/NASCOP and Futures Group team in the development of the data warehousing solution, provide continuity in all major data warehousing solution decisions, and determine how technology can be applied to meet the client’s needs.
The work requires innovation, often with very little guidance. There is an organizational reliance on the knowledge, initiative and experience of the Data Warehouse Senior Technical Manager. Work is very technical in nature and knowledge is specialized.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in design, development, deployment and maintaining large data warehouse (DW) or very large databases
- Deep technical understanding of data warehouse model and design methodologies, ETL, Data Marts, OLAP, OLTP,Metadata, normalization, 3NF, Dimensions, SCD Slowly Changing Dimensions,
- Experience in requirements gathering for DW, creating Use Cases, UML , Enterprise Architect, ER Diagrams, Data Dictionary, Test Cases,
- Demonstrated technical experience integrating different data sources (e.g health, finances, vital statistics, education, planning) from different databases (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle) while addressing issue of data quality;
- Strong operational experience in improving in database performance, optimization, data aggregation, SQL queries for coding for interactive dashboards, charts and reports
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ proven technical experience is required
- Desired Datawarehouse business intelligence (BI) experience, software tools (Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy) or any open source BI software tools (Pentaho, JasperSoft, SpagoBI, icCube)
- Strong understanding of public health information systems in Kenya, including EMRs.
- Oral and written communication skills, Good writing skills are required to develop and articulate data warehouse strategy and implementation plan and present ideas to various audiences
- A university degree in computer science or information technology or any related discipline is required as a minimum, post graduate qualification and /or relevant certification courses will be an added advantage
- Design , develop, test, deploy, maintain, large, robust data warehouse at MOH
- Lead technical responsibility for development of national health data warehouse and identified data sources
- Lead in design, modeling, architecture of robust data warehouse platform;
- Lead technical responsibility to integrate data from different data sources (health, finances, vital statistics, education) into data warehouse solution
- Lead the information gathering and documentation process in consultation with the Ministries of Health
- Lead in development of data warehousing standards and SOPs , and test cases
- Resolve performance, database issues associated with maintaining and enhancing large data warehouse
Equipment to be used: General office equipment; Computers
Physical demands: N/A
Must be available for domestic and international travel for up to 30% of the time.
How to apply
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page before September 27, 2011.
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Wednesday 12th March 2014 3:21pm
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Wednesday 12th March 2014 3:21pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Wednesday 12th March 2014 3:21pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Wednesday 12th March 2014 3:21pm