General Manager, ICT1
- Company: Kenya Airports Authority
- Deadline: Friday 7th October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) is mandated to provide infrastructure for aviation services between Kenya and the outside world. Other key functions of KAA include the administration, control and management of aerodromes, provision and maintenance of facilities for efficient operations of aircrafts and the provision of rescue and fire fighting equipment and services. KAA seeks to strengthen its senior management team by recruiting an experienced and dynamic professional to fill the position of GENERAL MANAGER INFORMATIONCOMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY (ICT).
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop and maintain corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimising costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems;
- Develop and monitor the approved annual operating and capital budgets for information and technology systems;
- Develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of the airport’s IT assets as well as the security and privacy of information;
- Develop and maintain the systems architecture, defining standards and protocol for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of the airports’ information systems;
- Research on emerging information and communication technologies and airport solutions to ensure appropriate ICT investment;
- Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems;
- Oversee the linkage between external technology systems and airports in IT resources;
- Approve, coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems for all airports;
- Ensure the development and implementation of ICT systems’ security strategies, policies and procedures as well as the integrity and availability of data; and
- Ensure that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards as well as external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised and efficient individual who holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or Information Systems and a relevant Masters degree.
The ideal candidate will also have at least 15 years experience in ICT, 10 of which are in a senior management position. IT management certification in hard ware or software (MCSE, MCCP, ITIL, Prince, PMP and/or, CISA) from a recognised body as well as knowledge of a Quality management system (ISO) is desirable.
How to apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please send your applications in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 7 October 2011, quoting reference number ESS 459.
Please provide your curriculum vitae containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional / academic certificates.
Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm