Information Systems Auditor1
- Company: National Oil Corporation
- Deadline: Monday 3rd October 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Looking for a Career where you can really make a difference? Job Ref. MN 5064
National Oil Corporation is a fast growing and dynamic world class petroleum company serving energy needs for today and tomorrow. Following the steady continuous growth and expansion they have experienced over the last few years, they are looking for talented, innovative, energetic and self motivated technology driven individuals to fill the position of Information Systems Auditor.
Reporting to Internal Audit Manager, the incumbent will assist ¡n providing independent and objective evaluation of the Company’s information Systems in accordance with the Corporation’s policies, procedures, professional standards and statutory requirements.
- Assist in the planning and performance of the financial, compliance and efficiency audits
- Plan and perform routine information systems audits.
- Review the system of internal controls over the financial records and accounting information systems.
- Prepares oral or formal written reports expressing opinions on the accuracy of financial records, compliance with Board Policies, Administrative Regulations, appropriate procedures and laws, and effectiveness of the control systems reviewed during an audit.
- Properly documents, in the audit work papers, the procedures performed to substantiate audit conclusions and recommendations.
- Analyzes various accounts to form an audit opinion and conduct special reviews and assignments as directed.
- Participate in a broad range of complex information system projects for the corporation and ensure adequate controls are incorporated
- Develop and/or review ISO procedures and Company policies to provide guidance for Information Systems Audit.
- Prepare clear and concise documentation and audit reports including recommendations for improvements for submission to auditees, senior management and the board audit committee.
- Follow up to ensure recommendations have been implemented by management.
- Appraises the adequacy of corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the Company’s Risk Assessment processes to support the identification of risks and internal audit projects and activities.
- Assist in conducting internal investigations of alleged or suspected violations of criminal law and corporate policies.
- University degree in Bachelor of Commerce or Information Technology.
- Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification.
- 3 years experience in a similar position in a busy Commercial Business environment and knowledge of the Petroleum Sector would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in statistics, data collection, analysis and data presentation.
- Highly computer literate i.e. must have proficient working skills of MS Office application packages.
- Should have advanced interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Accounting qualification such as CPA, CIA, ACCA is desirable.
What is in it for you?
Besides a competitive salary package, you will have a comprehensive health care for you and your family, home mortgage & car loan support, retirement plan, vacation allowance, personal growth opportunities, personal fitness amongst other benefits.
How to apply
Send your application with a detailed CV and a daytime telephone number.
Please also summarize yourself as follows:
- Job Ref. No
- Your Name
- Current / Past Salary: Year 2010 p.m Year 2011 p.m
- Year 2011 Benefits: If house, state market rent, If car state cc.
Send your application by hand, courier, post or email so as to reach us by 3rd October 2011.
Mark Job Ref. No. on top left of the envelope.
Executive Selection Division,
Manpower Services (K) Ltd,
3rd Floor, Landmark Plaza,
Directly Opposite Nairobi Hospital Entrance,
P.O. Box 50736 – 00200, Nairobi.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm