Strategic Information Officer1
- Company: Catholic Secretariat
- Deadline: Wednesday 21st September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The KEC- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KEC implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya. The Catholic Health Commission of Kenya, one of the technical departments of the KEC-Catholic Secretariat, implements donor funded programs in Catholic Health facilities and seeks an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the position of Strategic Information Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate database for the Catholic Health Network on Service Statistics and Program Activities
- Ensure timely and accurate programmatic reporting to donors.
- Information systems troubleshooting at program sites that have technical difficulties
- Compile monthly monitoring and evaluation reports and other reports as required by donor organizations
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of technical workshops for capacity-building and experience-strengthening in information systems
- Build capacity of program sites to manage, analyze and make use of their data
- Deploy and manage Information System rollout at program sites
- BSc Computer science, or other relevant degree
- 3 years of experience working with health information systems. Experience with monitoring and evaluation an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with data management programs
- Have a good understanding of the health systems in Kenya
- Experience in implementing US Government-funded projects an advantage.
- This position will require frequent travel to remote areas.
Extent of carrying out duties and responsibility in #1 above.
- Is a committed Catholic, with good recommendation from own Parish Priest
- Is a person of attested integrity, with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Is innovative and assertive
- Able to work with minimal supervision
How to apply
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCEDURES SHALL APPLY
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:-
KENYA EPISCOPAL CONFERENCE-CATHOLIC SECRETARIAT
P.O BOX 13475-00800
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US ON OR BEFORE 21st September 2011.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am