Senior Web Producer1
- Company: Nation Media Group
- Deadline: Friday 23rd September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Nation Media Group, the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self- motivated individual to the position below within the Group.
SENIOR WEB PRODUCER -Nation.co.ke Job Number: HR-SWP-09-11 Job Type: Full Time
This position falls vacant within the Editorial Department. The candidate should have good understanding of new media, proven writing, editing, and web production abilities and sound knowledge of current affairs.He/she should also be innovative, analytical and adaptable to fast-changing news and technology realities and work under tight deadlines.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate content generation and production operations for Nation.co.ke
- Drive Nation.co.ke publishing on the mobile
- Contribute to converged newsroom operations
- Lead Online Sub Editors to ensure frequent updates across all content channels
- Drive traffic through content decisions based on web metrics
- Lead multi-media production
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent headline writing and editing skills and good understanding of multi-media story-telling.
- Good understanding of current affairs, business, lifestyle and sports issues.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of web technology such as Flash, HTML and Web Content Management Systems.
- Good knowledge of SEO
- A University Degree and a Diploma in Journalism;
- 3 to 4 years working experience preferably as a sub editor;
- Good level of knowledge of African current affairs
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Training, Flex Time
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email their applications and detailed CVs online to: http://careers.nationmedia.com before 23rd September, 2011.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am